Epiandrosterone Quick Details:
- Product Name: Epiandrosterone
Chemical Properties white to off-white crystalline powder
Usage A steroid hormone that is present in normal human urine as a minor constituent , it is a less active 3βisomer of the androgen Androsterone (A635535). Controlled Substance.
1. Epiandrosterone is a naturally occurring steroid synthesized in the adrenal cortex, gonads, brain, and gastrointestinal tract.
2. It is less active than androsterone and excreted in small amounts in normal human urine.
3. Epiandrosterone is a metabolite of the most abundant adrenal androgenic steroid dehydroepiandrosterone in young adult humans, but is not completely inactive and is considered an effector as well.
4. Epiandrosterone is a precursor or substrate for cytochrome P450 species and enzymes (EC 126.96.36.199, 25-hydroxycholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase) that produce 7alpha- and 7beta-hydroxylated metabolites in the human brain and other organs.
5.These 7-hydroxylated derivatives exert anti-glucocorticoid and neuroprotective effect.